I just prepared this wonderful fresh Spring sauce for Easter Sunday dinner.
This sauce goes so well with lamb chops lamb roast or lamb meatballs… but also, oh surprise, it brings a great touch to any salmon dishes like smoked salmon or simply baked salmon fillets. It’s inspired by Moroccan flavors, so it’s fresh and tangy… and delicious!!!
Ingredients: yield 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cup of yogurt – the original recipe ask for Greek yogurt, but I prefer a more liquid, smooth kind of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of tangy smooth mustard
- 1 teaspoon of light mayo
- 1 tablespoon or more fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped mint
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon of grated cardamon
- some drops of honey at your taste
- salt and pepper to taste
How you make it:
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients, whisk them well; add the fresh mint leaves at the end.
- Cover with a plastic rap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Flavors will develop.
- Serve fresh, not cold with your lamb or salmon!!!