Inspired from a old french recipe, it’s a flavorful, fast potato salad, where the touch of white wine brings freshness to the taste, great with grilled chicken, beef steaks, even a cold roast beef or sausages.
A delizia for a special day!!!
Ingredients: yield 6-8 servings
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy whipped cream (liquid)
- 5 – 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 – 3 of cup of sliced or chopped ham
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of white fresh wine like a Pinot or Chardonnay Macon Viillage
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 2 /3 of a cup or 1 cup chopped scallions
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
How you make it:
- Place the potatoes and 1 tablespoons of salt in a large pot of cold water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15- 20 minutes, until the potatoes are done at your taste when pierced with a knife. Drain in a colander, then place the colander back over the pot and cover with a lid/kitchen towel. to let them steam.
- While the potatoes are steaming covered, mix together in a bowl, mayonnaise, cream, chopped scallions, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Reserve.
- When the potatoes are still luke warm, slice them in medium thick slices. Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl. Pour dressing over them. Add the the wine over spoon, counting, slice ham, taste to adjust the wine, salt and pepper at your taste. Toss well, add the chopped chives, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature…