Walking along the waterfront promenade in beautiful Vancouver, BC, I stopped at a seafront restaurant and I tried an incredible fresh summer salad, that I loved!!!
The watermelon for sweetness, healthy edamame for crunch, goat cheese that gives its tasty creamy edge.
I just added to the original recipe some thin slices of red onion for more ‘zest’.
Ingredients: yield 1 serving
- 1 and 1/2 cup of watermelon
- 1 and 1/2 edamame
- 5 – 6 table spoons of olive oil
- 3 – 4 table spoons of lemon
- few good pinches of black pepper and salt
- few slices, thin cut of red onion
- 1/2 cup of creamy pieces of goat cheese or feta crumbles (just before serving)
How you make it:
Easy to make, it needs some time to refrigerate: one hour or more before dinner it’s enough. In a small bowl prepare the vinaigrette, with the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, onion.
In a bigger bowl add watermelon and the edamame; pour the vinaigrette and mix it gently. Cover and refrigerate, when ready for dinner, add the goat cheese, pair with a fresh white wine and serve.
A special summer delizia!!!