Ideas for a summer dinner?
…here is a simple quiche variation, light and tasting like a pizza, with no crust, where soft tomatoes blend with black olives and Parmesan, then flavored with a touch of salty goat cheese! Perfect with a fresh Bib lettuce salad. Ready in 40 minutes and easy to do, delicious to eat, a real keeper…
Ingredients: yield 8 servings
- 4 small medium tomato
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of liquid light cream
- 1/3 of cup of flour
- 1 tablespoons of cornmeal
- 3 eggs – 1 white
- few pieces of soft goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbs of oil spray
- 2 tbs butter
How you make it:
Preheat the oven at 300 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in quarters, add to a medium skillet, sprayed with olive oil, add 2 chopped gloves of garlic, cook at low medium heat 5 /7 minutes until tomatoes are soft. Add some warm water if necessary the mixture could dry, salt and pepper well.
- In a blender pour flour, 3eggs, cornmeal and cream, and pulse 10 times. Add milk, Parmesan, pulse 10 times again; then add the white and goat cheese pieces, salt and pepper pulse again 6 times. Adjust for salt and pepper.
- Coat a 8×11 inches oven plate with butter, place the tomatoes, garlic, black olives on the bottom, pour in cheese mixture, sprinkle few thin slices of butter. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, then raise oven temperature at 375 degrees for 20 minutes more. The top should be nicely browned and the quiche puffy fluffy, it will set down while cooling! Serve warm with a fresh salad!!!
All the other VERY FRENCH RECIPES >