The Blue and Feta cheese bacon Burgers, corn on the cob, Blue Red and White salad with blueberry pecans vinaigrette to celebrate Independence Day!!!
- 4 tablespoons of crumbled feta
- 4 tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon of milk or cream
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chopped thin red onions
- 4 wheat buns
- 4 slices of Canadian bacon
- 3/4 of pound of ground beef
- 1/4 pf pound of ground turkey breast
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- 4 corn on the cobs (optional)
- Cooking spray
How you make it:
Set the grill to medium high, while combining in a bowl 3 tablespoons of each cheese, drop a spoon of milk of cream , mix well, set aside.
- Mix together 2 meats, paprika, red pepper, breadcrumbs, onion salt and pepper. Work the mixture till well combined, well compact, then shape it in one and half inch thick round patties.
- While preparing the patties with ingredients, grill the corn for about 20 minutes. Place burgers on the rack. Grill 5 minutes on each side, sprinkle burgers with cheese mixture for 2 minutes. While cheese is melting, place bacon slices 2 minutes on the grill and the buns as well for 1 minutes, using a different grill pan if necessary. Meanwhile prepare the salad vinaigrette. In a blender add mustard, olive oil, vinegars, handful of blueberries, sugar, salt, pepper.
- Mix well and tast, add to the salad bowl, sprinkle with pecans.
Ingredients: Blueberry vinaigrette sause
- 2 – 3 oz. of salad mix
- 1/2 cup of fresh American blueberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
- handful of pecans
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt to your taste
When patties are done and cheese is melted over, spread one side of warm buns with ketchup mustard mix at your taste, assemble the bacon and cheese patties, add half of cob, a good serving of salad. Happy 4th of July, enjoy it!!!