Fragrant flavors of Tarragon and of a delicious balsamic cherry glaze, bring Mediterranean touches to a simple chicken Jasmin rice meal.
Ingredients: yield 4 servings
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts sliced and/or flattened
- 2/3 of cup of chicken broth
- 6-7 tsp. or 1/4 of a c. of Balsamic Cherry glaze (substitute can be a good aged Modena balsamic vinegar)
- 2-3 slices of butter
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 full cup chopped onions
- few slices of green or red peppers (optional)
- several leaves of fresh tarragon or 1/4 of c. dried
- rosemary and sage fresh leaves
- 2 tsp of sugar
- good pinches of salt and pepper
How you make it:
- Chop onion and some few slices of green peppers (optional). Melt the butter and oil in a medium skillet pan.
- Brown the chicken on both sides over medium heat, about 8-10 minutes in all. While cooking add tarragon leaves.
- Remove from the pan. Reserve, add the onions and peppers, cook, covered, until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Add chicken broth, the vinegar, salt and pepper, mix very well, adjust with a pinch of sugar, sprinkle remaining tarragon leaves. Your sauce should be light, balsamic sweetly flavored, well tasty with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook medium low until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fork. (20 minutes.) While chicken is simmering, prepare a fragrant Jasmin rice, according to cooking directions. When all is done, serve on plate, chicken breast, Jasmin rice with onion pepper mixture, cherry yellow tomatoes and a delicious good spoon of balsamic sauce.
For my Italian friends, Veal scaloppini are a wonderful substitute to the chicken.
All the other RECIPES >