This is a real Delizia!
Delicieuse, Delightful, Fluffy Chocolate Mousse, chocolate lovers and other fans do not pass it!!!
What you get is an outstanding delicate dessert! Inspired by two great chefs recipes like Emeril Lagasse and Julia Child’s versions, I followed their directions, adding few personal touches such as mixing dark with almond dark chocolate and some coffee to enhance all flavors…
Ingredients: yield 4 servings
- 4 big bowls/ some ramekins for serving
- 7/8 oz of a good quality brand dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/4 of cup of coffee or liqueur
- 1/4 of a cup of sugar
- a good whisk or preferably electric mixer
- Orange zests, chocolate shavings or strawberries for presentation
How you make it:
- In a bowl set over a pot of hot water, let the chocolate and butter slowly melt, stirring very well to totally smooth Add the yolks one at the time, beating well after the addition of each. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks start to form. Add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and beat until shiny and a spoon can hold.
- In a third bowl, beat the cream until small bubbles will form. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and coffee and continue beating until soft peaks appear.
- It’s time to add the whites gently folding it into the chocolate mixture gradually, mixing ligtly until no white speaks appear. Gradually fold in the whipped cream, reserving some for presentation (optional).
- Transfer to a large glass bowl or to individual ramekins and refrigerate at least on hour to 4 hours or up 4 days! Serve chilled, garnish with chocolate shavings, orange zests, and a teaspoon of whipped cream or nothing…
Note Using raw eggs, prefer good organic eggs, just be careful to keep yolks and whites well separated from the shells…
All the other VERY FRENCH RECIPES >