Delicious Pasta Time today!
Citrus lemon flavors enhance the creamy sauce of this tangy pasta dish. If you like the lemon fresh taste as much as I do, you will love this tangy pasta dish. The recipe is simple to make, with few ingredients and preparation, while pancetta bites add a final crunchy salty touch. Choose long and large cut type pasta, as the creamy parmesan sauce.
Ingredients: yield 4 servings
- 1/2 pound (or little more) uncooked pappardelle, fettuccine or spaghetti
- 2 tbsp or 1/2 a cup grated lemon zest (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of liquid cooking cream/ whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (2 tbsp) grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons capers
- 4/5 thin pancetta slices
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
How you make it:
- Heat the oven at 375°F, place pancetta slices on a a oven dish, let it brown till crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Wash lemons carefully, roll them (it will bring up juices), grate the zest, avoiding to get to the white bitter skin.
- Squeeze about 2 tablespoons (1/4 of cup) of juice, reserve.
- While pasta is cooking following package directions, in a large salted water saucepan, bring cream just to boil , in a medium heavy skillet, till forming bubbles. Remove from heat, add lemon zest, cover and let it stand 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta “al dente”, making sure to keep a tbsp of pasta water. In the same pasta pot, melt butter. Add pasta, pasta water, infused cream, capers, salt and ground pepper, half of Parmesan, lemon juice. Toss gently for 3/4 minutes.
- When sauce is absorbed, sprinkle remaining Parmesan, break over crispy pancetta, garnish with parsley, and… serve!
Lemony delight! Buon Appetito….