A summer classic of Italian and French cuisines, perfect for a friends party, dinner or Sunday family lunch.
Choose some medium, well round shaped sun kissed tomatoes… and…
Ingredients: yield 4 servings
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 Italian sausages 1 mild – 1 hot
- 1/2 pound ground veal, turkey or beef
- 5 chopped garlic gloves
- 1/4 chopped parsley
- 1/4 of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/4 chopped onions
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- ¼ cup or more grated Parmesan, pecorino, shredded mozzarella
- salt – 2 teaspoons of peppers
How you make it:
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees. Wash, Cut thin top of tomatoes, scoop out pulp and juices, reserve. Sprinkle inside with pinch of salt, invert on a plate.
- In a large bowl combine, meats, sausages, garlic, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper, egg, 1/3 of grated cheese, breadcrumbs.
- Working with your hands, combine all ingredients, mixing carefully, twice. Adding 1/3 of the cheese the second time.
- In a medium skillet, sprinkle olive oil, chopped onions, meat mixture, tomatoes juices and pulp, adjust salt and pepper; let it brown, stirring often, adding some kitchen broth, or warm water, till all is browned but still moist.
- Spray an oven plate with olive oil, place some few tomatoes slices. Sprinkle bottom of each tomato with a splash of olive oil, fill up with meat mixture, sprinkle some more cheese, place the cap over, set in the oven plate, splash it with olive oil. Bake it for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with rice or smashed potatoes.
To share with all with delight!