Today is a quick meal day!!…no cooking….
I choose some few ingredients in the refrigerator.. voilà here is my lunch really satisfying and healthy!!!!
Ingredients: yield 2 servings for sandwiches
- 4 slices of great whole grains or multi grains bread
- 4 slices of smoked Atlantic Salmon
- 2-3 tablespoons low-fat Philadelphia
- 3 tablespoons good quality store bought mayonnaise
- 1/2 green apple thin sliced
- few leaves of arugula salad mix
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- few thin slices red onion
- 1 lemon
Ingredients: yield 2 servings for salad and vinagrette
- 2 cups of salad mix
- 1/2 green apple chopped
- few chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoons of lemon
- salt and pepper
How you make it:
- In a serving bowl, prepare vinaigrette, combining together mayonnaise, oil, lemon, salt and pepper ,mix well.
- In a small bowl add mayonnaise, walnuts crushed thin or grounded, sprinkle lemon juice, mix well.
- On a cut board open sandwich slices, spread Philadelphia cheese on 1 side, the mayo/nut mixture on other side
- Slice 1/2 apple thin – place 2/3 slices on mayonnaise side, salmon slices, few red onions rings(optional), sprinkle with lemon, add arugula leaves, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of vinaigrette. Assemble the sandwich, serve with a bowl of salad combining arugula, chopped apples, walnuts, sprinkled vinaigrette… fresh and easy done!!
The same recipe works wonders with Ham or Prosciutto instead of Salmon!