Today like yesterday, in the small town, summer gardens and back yards have peach trees that grow juicy big yellow peaches… this simple recipe is one of my grandma daily summer desserts..
Cheers Dear Nonna this is just Fabulous!!
Ingredients: yield 6 servings
- 4 big ripe but still firm yellow peaches
- 1 very ripe peach pulp
- 12-15 Amaretti cookies
- 3 oz. of grated dark bitter chocolate (a little more 1/4 cup)
- 4-5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 good mascarpone dollop
- tablespoons of Amaretto liqueur (optional)
- 2-3 slices of butter
- (optional half small glass of white wine)
How you make it:
Heat oven 300 degrees.
- Wash and dry peaches, split them and carving a small hole it in the center, reserve pulp.
- Crush 3 amarettos roughly. In a blender combine, grated chocolate, amaretto cookies, all the peach pulp the egg yolk, 3 tablespoons of sugar, mascarpone dollop, amaretto liqueur, blend to a crunchy almost liquid mixture.
- Butter an oven plate, set each half peach, sprinkle each half peach with sugar then fill it with the chocolate amaretto mixture to the top slightly over the top.
- Sprinkle each with crumbled amarettos and finsh with a butter slice, finish with few tablespoons of white wine in the bottom of the plate.
- Place plate in the oven for 30-35 minutes, then switch to broil high for 3 to 5 minutes. When a crust is formed slightly bubbling,then is ready, your kitchen smelling wonderfully Serve wam with a good vanilla ice cream scoop!!!
Simply heavenly delicious