A warm citrus grilled chicken is the perfect healthy companion to fresh tangy melon salsa salad coming out from a California magazine!
Ingredients: yield 4 servings
- about 4 oz. or 4 natural chicken breasts
- 1 small cantaloupe cut thinly in smal cubes
- 1 roma tomato cut in small cubes
- ½ cucumber cut in smal slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic glove thinly chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 and ½ tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of choped cilantro
- a handful of toasted walnuts (optional)
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
How you make it:
- Preheat the grill to medium, sprinkle chicken with salt, add half chopped jalapeno (remove seeds with a spoon), 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Place chicken in plastic bag, close well, and squeeze to coat, marinate for ½ hour.
- In large bowl, toss cucumber slices (without seeds) cantaloupe, tomatoes, add remaining jalapeno, lime juice, garlic, soy, cilantro and/or basil roughly chopped, salt and pepper. Marinate for at least an hour to 4. Longer time will allow all flavors to beautifully blend.
- Discard the marinade, coat quickly chicken with a cooking non spray, that prevents chicken not to stick, grill chicken till browned, about five minutes on each side.
- Cut warm chicken on a board, add chicken and toasted pecans (1 minute on a pan) to the salad, mix well and serve!!
2 great options: Instead of chicken grill you could choose to grill some Halloumi cheese thick slices or for a vegetarian version replace with grilled marinated tofu cubes. Very Healthy dinner here, low fat, proteins, vitamin C, fibers, come together to keep you in shape with good taste!
Try this sunny mix!