These burgers, recipe from one of my American friends, came out juicy enough and surprinsingly light.
Skip the bread for an healthier version, add mango salsa, pepper onion grilled skewers or any other side you like!
Ingredients: yield 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds very lean good ground beef
- 1/4 cup Steak Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tequila
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime
- 1 teaspoon or more lime zest
- 2 tablespoons Chicago steak seasoning or similar/li>
- 2 tablespoons red onion thinly chopped
How you make it:
- Ligthly oil your grill pan or pre-heat outdoor grill.
- Wash limes carefully,roll them, grate the zest.
- In a large bowl, combine with meat all ingredients, squeeze lime juice, add zest, and a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate, while preparing the mango pineapple salsa.
- For salsa: quickly chop in very small cubes, 2 to 3 slices of fresh or canned pineapple, half a mango, 1 or ½ jalapeno, 1 lime juices, cilantro, ¼ of medium red onion, salt and pepper, keep refrigerate during the burgers prep.
- Form patties with your hands, grill it at your doneness, 7 to 9 minutes depending on size for well done. Top with a slice of melted strong cheddar or havarty cheese. Serve warm with fresh salsa.