Inspired by Italo-American cooking traditions, this recipe goes back to the deep roots of immigrants coming to America, hard working people. They kept the ‘old country’ alive in their hearts and in their cooking.
Tyler, a member of our family, has learned how to prepare this dish from only spoken recipes passed on through generations.
I wanted t give it try, as immigrant myself and it came out pretty good! This is a simply tasty dish to share with your family.
Ingredients: yield 6 servings
- 3 to 4 hot Italian sausages
- 1 medium onion chopped thinly
- 3 cups of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium can of tomato sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 3 garlic glover crushed
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 9. oz package of Angel Hair pasta
- 1/4 of cup of good olive oil- as much as needed
- 1/2 cup ol grated white cheddar
- 1/2 cup of grated Italian cheeses
- 1/4 of cup of good quality olive oil
- 1 good slice of butter
How you make it:
- Heat the oven at 300 degrees, Cut the sausages, and separate the skin, reserving the chair in chunks. In a large skillet, on medium high heat pour half of olive oil, add red pepper ,cook for 2 to 3 minutes, reduce temperature to medium, add half of chopped onions, garlic, and jalapeno peppers, cook till onions are translucent, reserve on plate.
- On the same skillet add hot sausages pieces, remaining onion and garlic, sprinkle olive oil if necessary, cook till sausages pieces are golden brown, then combine jalapeno, garlic, onion mixture , add crushed tomatoes with their juices , adjust salt and pepper, let it cook slowly covered for at least 20 minutes. ( if you like vey hot you can add crushed red peppers or chiles)
- In large pot, bring cold salted water to boil, add a sprinkle of oil, cook angel hair 2 minutes barely, don’t overcook, drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 of cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta water to the tomatoes sausages mixture, cook for 5 minutes more, uncovered, check for salt and pepper to taste. Spray a oven plate with tall side, cover the bottom with angel hair, add sauce, mix well, sprinkle with cheeses, repeat once and finish with a good sprinkle of white cheddar, and small pieces of butter. Bake for 15 minutes, switch to broil for the last 5 minutes.
Serve hot, with a fresh oniony salad …. Buon Appettito a tutti!!
All the other RECIPES >