I really invite you to try this simply delicate recipe with chicken for a dinner with friends, a romantic dinner or any other meals. Yes it is a French classic, huge hit because of all flavors combines so wonderfully, yet it’s so simple to make that you cannot miss it, if you do, call me… it’s just made with chicken breast, ham and Swiss cheese, and your savoir faire…
Now, let’s s cook……
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 4 thin slices of good ham
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese (Emmenthal)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
- Prepare 2 plates, one with egg wash (2 well beaten eggs plus water), one with breadcrumbs.
- Place each chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wraps and pound each one till 1/4 inch. thick.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with paprika, add 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of cheese ( making sure ham and cheese slices are well into the chicken breast edges).
- Gently roll over the chicken breast, fixing each one with toothpicks. Repeat.
- Carefully dredge each chicken roll into the eggs mixture first, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle again with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Here you have two options:
- Like in my picture, you can spray a skillet with a touch of olive oil and brown the chicken rolls (without crowding the skillet) till golden than place it into the oven and cook 12 to 15 minutes, using kitchen tongs or 2 to gently roll the chicken in the skilelt……
You can simply skip the frying pan, instead oil a baking dish and bake for 18 minutes
- Before placing the chicken rolls into the oven I add 1 Swiss cheese slice on the top of each roll, jus for more flavor.
- Serve immediately with a good fresh mustardy salad .
Et voilà… it’s done… easy isn’t?
and you will totally impress your family and friends with this!
All the other RECIPES >