These refreshing so easy to prepare canapes do not need a great introduction but every guest of yours will love them!
Ingredients: Serves 24
- 2 packages 4 oz. smoked salmon slices
- 2/3 large cucumbers sliced
- 2/3 cup créme fraiche
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 1 teaspoon mild mustard
- salt and pepper at your taste
- sprinkles of lemon juice
- 24 slices of pumpernickel bread
- 5 boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup of minced dill
- capers for garnish
How to make it:
Simple and easy.
- Hard boil eggs, cool under cold water, set aside.
- In a large bowl or blender, mix together, créme fraiche, mayo, mustard, lemon, few minced dill, mix well. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
One hour before serving:
- Peel cucumbers, cut them in 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- In a bowl gently grate eggs whites and yolks, keep on side.
- Discard crust from bread slices. With a cookie cutter cut pumpernickel bread into rounds. You can toast it an cool it, or use it as it is.
- Spread creme fraiche/mayo mixture, top with 1 cucumber slice, add one same size slice of salmon, using a piping bag or a small teaspoon, top salmon with a drop of cream, add 2-3 capers. Sprinkle lightly with grated eggs whites/yolks.
- When all canapes are done, sprinkle all with lemon juice, garnish with dill, refrigerate till serving.
Fresh delicious bites!