Do you love eggs like I do? This is a such a wonderful high protein meal breakfast or a complete healthy brunch
The fried sunny side eggs already packed with proteins, are sprinkled with prosciutto/bacon bits, served with healthy black beans and a garlicky tomatoes spicy relish (spicy or mild at your taste).
Even if fried eggs are simple and easy to prepare, use some good techniques and tools to be successful.And above all, you should use only extra fresh high graded eggs! (source Eggs by Jodi Liano)
Tools for frying the eggs:
- Have handy a nonstick or heavy nonstick skillet
- A good flat spatula, slightly greased to improve the flipping
Ingredients : Serve 4
- 4 ultra-fresh eggs high grade natural or organic
- 2 serrano chiles thinly sliced
- 2 poblano chiles thinly sliced
- 1 cup white onions thinly sliced
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomato ( here roasted garlic flavor)
- 1 can 15.25 oz black beans
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup grated Mexican cheese mix
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- chili powder or Tabasco sauce 1 teaspoon ( optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- slices of bread to toast
How to make it :
- Chop chiles, onions, garlic gloves, fresh tomato, cilantro if desired.
- Pre-heat the oven 350F.
- On a medium size skillet, over medium/slow heat ,add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add garlic let it cook till fragrant not browned, add fresh tomato, let it cook for at least 5 minutes gently till tomatoes are soft. add diced tomatoes from can, mix well, add salt and pepper, add few slices serrano chile, cook gently for 10 minutes more. Reserve covered keeping warm.
- Place in the oven in a small oven dish or foil the prosciutto cubes, let them, brow well, remove and reserve covered with foil.
- Pour black beans in a oven proof plate, sprinkle generously with grated Mexican cheese, let it melt in the oven and keep it warm till eggs are done.
- On a second small skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, over medium heat, add onions, cook them until well done and soft and slightly browned (add some warm water to keep the cooking going if necessary so they don’t burn) add a pinch or 2 of salt an pepper. When done, reserve on plate. using same skillet add 1 talespoon olive oil, then the chiles, gently cook until soft slightly browned. Stir in reserved onions, cream, cook for 2 minutes not much more.
It is now time to prepare the eggs:
- Using a good medium size nonstick skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter using 1 or 2 table spoon at the time (cook the eggs in batches by two). Cracks eggs on the side of the skillet, into the pan, add salt and pepper, cook for 2 or 3 minutes tills whites become opaque.
- Using a greased flat spatula, cook the eggs about 1/2 minutes more.
- While preparing the eggs make the toasted bread slices.
- How to assemble: on a large plate, slide gently your eggs, or with the help of a the spatula, then spoon tomato relish, on one side, and a tablespoon of creamy onion/chiles mixture on the other side, sprinkle with prosciutto bits, crack over some ground black pepper. Add a toast. Serve with warm black cheesy beans, Tabasco if you like.
Hummm, so good, a totally full power morning!