Incredibly Delicious Candies! Fresh indulgence for you two. Working with melted chocolate can be a bit of messy task, yet the results are outstanding! Just in 30 minutes… few Delizie Delizie, Delights Delights on a silver plate for your party guest tonight!
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 1 package Extra fine chocolate semisweet or dark, chopped in regular pieces or chips 65% cocoa at least
- 1 cup medium strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup green grapes, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe cut in regular medium cubes well dried
- 1 cup or more if necessary Sparkling sugar
- 1 set toothpicks
What you need:
1 large casserole for double boiling, 1 bowl fitting the casserole top, 1 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 1 small bowl for sparkling sugar
How to make it:
- Wash and and dry well strawberries and grapes, work melon cubes last, as they hold some water. Avoid any water, as melted chocolate and water don’t mix well together.
- Set a large pot over low heat, fill bottom with water, set bowl on top (water should be warm never boiling and chocolate bowl not touching it).
- Break chocolate and/or chocolate chips, let melt slowly, stirring time to time. If your chocolate is grainy just add a teaspoon of canola oil to get it going again.
- While chocolate is melting, insert picks in each fruit.
- Remove melted chocolate from heat, dip fruits into chocolate first, then into sparkling sugar, set each dipped fruit on the parchment lined tray (not too close to each other) let it cool well.
Serve fresh with Champagne !!
Tips : you can also use chopped bananas , dried apricots , raspberries..