Everybody says salmon is an easy cooking and it is! Even more, when done with a few ingredients and an excellent salmon fillet, it’s just perfect !! Nothing is easier than sauteing or pass it into the oven. This made in a hurry salmon in papillote is one of the fast cooking but still very tasteful solutions for a good healthy dinner…
Ingredients: for 2
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mild mustard or honey mustard.
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce (here it’s horseradish tartare sauce)
- 1 lemon juice squeezed (about 2 tablespoons)
- fresh dill sprigs
- 2 pieces aluminum foil
- 1 package frozen fully cooked artichokes hearts (9 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (20gr)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup mild grated cheese
Double the portions of salmon, herbs, and sauce for 4 servings.
How it’s made:
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard, mix well, taste if too tart adjust with one swirl of honey.
- Place aluminium foil pieces, place each salmon fillet into it, sprinkle with salt pepper, one olive oil teaspoon over and around it, a touch of lemon, then spoon over fillets tops the mayonnaise sauce mixture, spread well on top,add few fresh dill.
- Wrap and close fairly tight your packages, then place fillets in a oven proof plate that will go into the oven for about 15 to 18 minutes. Just like a steak, cooking time depends on how well done you like it, reduce the cooking time if necessary, keep an eye over, opening the package to follow, (careful is steaming!).
- While salmon is cooking, add 1 tablespoon of butter to a medium skillet over medium heat, let it melt gently, then add frozen artichokes hearts, warm it slowly for about 5 to 7 minutes sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Fo serving, using a flat spatula, place fillets on each plate, spoon out remaining sauce, add artichokes serving, few dill sprigs, sprinkle with a mild grated cheese like a Swiss cheese.
Done ! Cooking and prep. time only 30 minutes. Delightful!