Such a tasteful Sunday lunch in all its simplicity! Among the most delicious cut you can find, New York steaks, are the ones generally beautifully marbled, which gives tenderness and enhance the taste. Choose medium size steaks, grill at your preferred doneness, adding garlic and some good quality dried fines herbs and oregano, just a pinch of salt and a good sprinkle of ground pepper.
It’s so easy! If you follow some simple rules and serve the steaks with any side you like, may be just a great fresh herbs vinaigrette tomatoes salad, you will have a fantastic meal!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 New York strip steaks, each about 1 inc. thick
- 1 garlic glove crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried fines herbs and oregano
- pinch salt
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine, water or broth
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
How to grill it perfectly:
- Start by removing steaks from refrigerator and let it sit, between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Rub seasoning, salt and ground pepper, pressing well to coat on each side.
- Rub with garlic glove.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and rub in gently with your fingers.
- Pre- heat the grilling pan, slightly oiled. Use a heavy bottom pan to allow bits to caramelize without burning.
- If using a grilling pan for indoor grilling like I did here, it should be well hot. Place steak on pan without crowding, grill from 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Flip with tongs once. You will get the fancy griddle brown marks!!
- Reduce heat, to seal the juices inside, and grill for 5 more minutes for medium rare (should be soft when pressing on the center with the back of a fork).
- When steaks are done, place them on cutting board and let it sit 5 minutes before serving. This step is important, as all juices will flow inside and steaks will be very tender.
- While steaks are resting, go back to the pan, and deglaze the caramelized bits , with white wine, warm water or broth at room temperature. Here is your sauce, for smoothness and thickness just add 1 tablespoon or 2 of butter.
- Serve steaks with your preferred side, prepared in advance and enjoy!
Savory incredible simplicity!