Let’s prepare something very tasty that does not requires a long preparation?
To make it tasty, please spice up the crema then your fish or chicken at your pleasure!!
So keep it fresh, keep it fast and make everybody happy!!
Ingredients: serves 4
- 1+ 1/2 pounds cod, tilapia, mahi mahi or red snapper fillets
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salsa for serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh lime juice
- mexican cheese
- 1 pound chicken breast, flattened, cut in strips, or chicken strips
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon butter
- cooking spray
Over medium heat, place chicken on skillet, and cook till chicken is no longer pink about 15 minutes. Then add tequila, salt and pepper, and let chicken cook some more, until well golden brown.
Cut chicken into pieces and assemble it together like for the fish tacos, with crema and cabbage .
You know it is easy to be very creative here, adding everything you like to this recipe, like garlic and onion, fresh or powder, to the fish and chicken, fresh cut tomatoes, tacos mix, avocados, just as you or your guest like it.
Place each tortillas on serving plates, spoon over cabbage mixture, add a fish fillet each, some more crema, sprinkle with salsa, lime juice, chopped cilantro and fold in half to eat warm!!!
For the Tangy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons low fat greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fat free mayo
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lime
- grated lime
How to make the cream :
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream and greek yogurt first, whisk well, then add mayo, and all other ingredients, squeezing the lime juice at the end. Reserve.
- Sprinkle fish with oregano and lime,then in a medium hot skillet, previously sprayed, add fish, reduce heat a touch, and cook the fish fillets till they are well white and flaky,adding some olive oil if necessary.
- While fish is cooking, combine in a bowl the shredded cabbage with some crema, just to coat well. Keep some crema for serving.
- When fish is done, keep warm breaking it into flakes.
- Place tortillas in a medium skillet, about same size than tortillas, over medium heat, and let it just brown, very quickly turn it once with tongs, about 1 minute. You could also microwave at High about 20-30 seconds, in a damp towel.
- I definitely prefer to use the skillet, tortillas will be warm and crispy but still soft. It’s a Fiesta!!!