Cooking like a chef, something unique.
A fruity dessert with a real distinctive taste… Even for great dessert lovers, this is one of a kind to try!!! You could like it a lot or not at all!!!!
I love to try and make myself recipes inspired by chefs, today is the Rachel Ray’s peaches and prunes trifle in balsamic with a lot sweet and zesty flavors to make it at my taste, I just added some few personal touches like the chocolate swirl and frozen yogurt vanilla cream… I really liked it, let me know if you do…
- 8 peaches sliced in small wedges
- 6 prunes sliced in pieces
- 8 strawberries sliced
- 2 to 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sweet balsamic
- 1 tablespoon of honey or more at your taste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 store bought container sauce
- roasted almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cooking spray
- few mint leaves
How to make it:
- Heat oven at 375F.
- Spray a large shallow oven baking dish. Lay all fruits (keeping few strawberries on the side) for garnish, mix in sugar, pinch of salt, combine quick with a fork, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar , sprinkle 1 teaspoon of honey, add over thin slices of butter.
- Place it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toast almonds 2 minutes on a skillet over medium heat.
To Assemble (assemble and serve)
In martini glasses or medium large cups, place 2 tablespoons of fruits, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of ice cream or frozen yogurt, add some fruits, reserved strawberries on each cup, scoop up some balsamic juices, swirl in chocolate sauce, add almonds, garnish with few mint leaves and eat immediately!!! Super deliciously good!!!