Looking for a quick inspiration for a light dinner, I found the halloumi in my refrigerator. which brought the idea of a fresh all green salad.
In fact, this greek cheese from Cyprus has a great slightly salty texture and it is so good simply grilled, warm over leafy greens. Add some honeydew melon, cucumber for sweetness and crunch and dinner is fast ready!
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1/3 of red leaf lettuce, washed
- small bunch of watercress stemmed leaves
- 1 /2 cucumber sliced
- 1 cup fava beans
- 1/2 cup or more of honeydew melon
- 1/2 package of store bought halloumi cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- ground pepper
- 2/3 cup of good lemony vinaigrette .
How to make it:
- In a large bowl or plate combine all greens, reserve the melon.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, add halloumi slices and let it brown for about 2 minutes, till golden brown. Follow the cooking, halloumi is cooking fast!
- When done, sprinkle salad with vinaigrette, add melon, halloumi cheese, serve immediately with a good sprinkle of ground pepper.
1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.