Easter coming soon, yesterday was a day of recipes experiment for easy party snacks.. Each one of these has his own ‘personality, delicate, vegetarian or robust savory tastes but all crowd pleasers!
My preferred, the Pear Gorgonzola is very elegant, very French ,oui Monsieur, quick melting sweet and salty flavors in your mouth, oh delicious!. Instead the ricotta, artichokes, arugula, will satisfy the arugula lovers, and the pizza, yes, fast and tasty like a mini pizza bite, this one is a total hit for everybody from children to grandma!!!
Happy snacks for a Easter meal!!!
I forgot, just a tip:
The bread, you will need 1 or 2 french baguettes sliced 1/4 of inch thick sliced in diagonal. Do not slice the baguette too thick, they will taste better!!
The Pear Gorgonzola (about 8 to 10 serving)
- 1 to 2 sliced thin
- 1 small slice of butter
- 3 s 1/4 inch thick slices Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon half and half or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt, ground pepper
- cherry balsamic glaze (optional)
How you make it!
- Heat oven 400F.
- Spread on a lined baking sheet crostini, sprinkle wit oil, a touch of salt, bake for 5 minutes in the oven.
- While crostini are toasting in the oven, mix in a medium bowl, gorgonzola, half and half, mascarpone till you have a soft creamy mixture.
- In a small skillet, melt butter, add sliced pears, saute 2 to 3 minutes
- To assemble.
- Spread over warm crostini the gorgonzola mixture, add 2 small slices of pear, a touch of pepper.
- Keep warm, covered with foil, and before serving sprinkle with a balsamic cherry glaze!
The ricotta arugula, artichokes crostini
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup artichokes heads grilled or saute‘ ( like for pears above)
- 1 cup arugula salad with vinaigrette dressing
- After 4 minutes in the oven, remove, spread about 1/2 cup of ricotta, add grilled artichokes in small pieces, top with arugula salad already prepared with dressing, adjust salt and pepper. Serve cold.
The Pizza tomato mozzarella crostini
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of store bought tomato sauce, marinara, basil or other
- 1 small tomato sliced very thin
- 1/4 grated mozzarella
- a pinch dried or fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
Using not toasted bread slices, top each one with a spoon of tomato sauce, spread it with the back of the spoon, top with cheese, add a small fresh tomato slice, add a pinch of grated cheese, sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper, bake for 4to5 minutes in the oven until cheese start melting and combine with the tomato sauce. Keep warm into the oven. Add a slice of black olive before serving!!!
Toppings for crostini are plenty and versatile. The method is always the same… try caramelized onions with fresh tomatoes and goat cheese and top with few arugula leaves.. Enjoy!!!