Treat yourself to something easy chic today!
Dip with your spoon into the soft layers of salmon flavors blended with the soft goat cheese, lightly sitting over the avocado mousse for an elegant easy appetizer to serve individually in a chilled glass!! Mais oui, c’est tres Paris…
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 x 6 oz. salmon cans or 2 salmon fillets boiled, cooled.
- 2 to 3 ripe still firm avocados, chair pureed
- 8 oz. soft herbed or peppery goat cheese like Boursin or Alouette
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons half and half or whole milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of paprika
- dill for salmon
- pinch of sugar if boiling the fillets
How to make it :
- If you are using fresh salmon fillets , add them to a medium pan sliglthy covered with water, a pinch of salt, a pinch pinch sugar, fresh dill sprigs.
- Boil them for 10 minutes, till flaky, let it cool, drain, pat dry, remove skin, break salmon flakes in a bowl. Add 2 teaspoon lemon juice , add mayonnaise mix well pressing with a fork till mixture is very soft, adjust salt and pepper.
- If using salmon in cans proceed as above.
- In a second bowl, cut avocados, remove chair, gently puree it, or with fork or in a blender, with a teaspoon of half and half, sprinkle with lemon and a good pinch of paprika. Keep few slices for presentation.
- In a blender add goat cheese, mascarpone, half and half, pulse 3 to 4 times till mixture is still consistent but softer and blended.
Prepare pre-chilled glasses, fill in layers. Start with salmon, add avocado mousse, goat cheese, topping for presentation with just a teaspoon of salmon and few avocado dices, sprinkle pepper and lemon, serve cold out of the refrigerator !!!
Ey voilà, fast and easy, delicieux!