If you want to amaze your guests, your mom and yourself, try these irresistible rich chocolate cake with a Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolate candy just in the middle!
The recipe is not mine, it is from the beautiful book of Francine Segan, just published called Dolci (Sweets In Italian).
I have a little secret to share with all of you: since a little while, one day at the time, I am attending some fantastic cooking classes at the ICE (The Insitute of Culinary Education) in New York City! I am still passionate, and want to do more, to learn more and keep myself trained about the culinary art. It is such a creative act!
Francine Segan was our teacher that evening and under her teaching we prepared a few great Dolcezze (Italian sweets) recipes! With only five ingredients, these chocolate delights are so easy, after all, as I always say, you do not need to be a super chef to be able to make something as wonderfully fudgy and velvety as this bliss on a cake!
Ingredients : Serves 6
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces of dark chocolate, at least 70% cacao
- 6 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 6 Ferrero Rocher milc chocolate candies or Baci Perugina
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Using a large bowl, beat together, with an electric mixer, the eggs and sugar till combined, then add the flour until the mixture is smooth.
- In a small bow, over low simmering water, break chocolate , add butter and let melt slowly. When chocolate is completely melted add it into the egge mixture.
- Butter 6 ramequins. Pour the batter into ramequins up to 2/3 of them. Press one Rocher down, into the center of each one.
- Bake about 10 minutes, remove from oven, let it cool for a minute. When cakes are cooled off , slide a butter knife around the cakes sides, then turn them into the serving plates, dust with confectioner’s sugar.Serve Warm !