Velocissima, meaning super fast, this pasta dish comes together with a non cooked sauce, made with fresh ingredients we all have on hand this summer. Use fresh good quality produce, make enough to have a fantastic leftover of pasta salad!
Simply put, the warmth of the penne will enhance the freshness of a peppery arugula,the sweet taste of the tomatoes and onions bruschetta. Add the cheese and you will have a delicious dish, done in a minute, well 10 to 15 minutes, really.
If you do not have the bruschetta already made, use the same ingredients (except the arugula and basil) diced small and same size.
- 1+1/2 cup yellow onion diced small
- 1+1/2 up fresh plum tomatoes diced same size
- 1/3 cup green and black olives pitted, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper at your taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup fresh arugula leaves, washed and dried
- 1 pound very good quality penne pasta
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) grated parmigiano reggiano
- few basil leaves shredded
Onion Olives Bruschetta:
- Dice onion, tomatoes, same size pieces. Slice olives.
- In a bowl combine, these three ingredients, add salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, a pinch of pepper. Mix well, reserve covered into the refrigerator.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add penne cook till al dente, or at your taste without over cooking. Taste often.
- While penne are cooking, wash and pat dry arugula leaves.Remove bruschetta from refrigerator.
- Drain pasta well.
- Into the serving bowl, add half of pasta, salt,1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano, stir. Now add more pasta, bruschetta. argula leaves, shredded basil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, adjust seasoning.