Dinner for two or for the all family, if you are garlic and summer tomatoes lovers this is a very good choice! The splash of vodka combined with a garlicky very italian smooth tomato sauce and cream, will transform the all dish into a fancy, so tasteful family dinner.
I served it yesterday to a dinner with friends and they could not stop eating… it just makes me smile.
No worries, it is really simple to make, with a fabulous result in 30 minutes! If you do not like alcohol, just replace vodka with some more chicken broth!
- 4 boneless organic chicken breasts, flattened with a mallet
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme or mixed herbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup organic chicken broth lukewarm or made with a Knorr cube and water
- 2 medium /large fresh tomato sliced
- 2/3 cup Garlic Pasta tomato sauce, store bought.
- 4 large garlic gloves minced
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup heavy cream or light liquid cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 spaghetti package
- Low fat ricotta
How to make it:
- Pound cutlets, when done season with herbs , salt and pepper.
- Boil spaghetti as usual, following package directions.
- In a medium large skillet, coated with olive oil, on medium high, saute’ chicken breast till they have browned on each side. Reserve on a plate, covered with foil
- Reduce heat, add remaining olive oil and all garlic, saute ‘ garlic for 1 minute or 2 until oil is flavored,, do not let it burn.Add fresh tomatoes, cook 2 minutes till soft, add chicken broth let tomato mixture reduce. Now add vodka and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce, cook 1 minute or two, finally add liquid cream and cook 1 to 2 more minutes till sauce is liquid thick but smooth and velvety, adjusting salt and pepper (use more chicken broth to make the sauce liquid enough).
- Now add back cutlets to the sauce, sprinkle lemon juice, let it simmer for 2 minutes. Once all flavors combine your chicken al pomdoro is ready, serve it in large plate over spaghetti or penne, sprinkle with salt and pepper ( also with red flakes if you like) garnish with ricotta bites!
- Add to your ingredients some light mozzarella slices.
- While cooking the chicken preheat the oven at 375F.
- When chicken pomodoro is ready, transfer to an oven plate, cover with mozzarella slices, let quickly melt in the oven.
- Serve immediately with your preferred pasta.