This is a to make ahead easy supper, the only requirement is that you do your preparation, the day before. Plan your dinner one day in adavance and you will have a great success with your family!!
Simple ingredients for a summer delicious meal made in an instant (15 minutes), and healthy too ( under 420 calories per serving).
Ingredients: serves 4
For Marinade, the day before
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce ( here is Outta the Park sauce)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cooking spray or 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth (made with a Knorr cube or store bought)
Salad and Veggie Medley
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups greens salad
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 2 cups of corn kernels( from a can or from ears of corn)
- Cooking spray
- dried herbs (fins herbs, thyme)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 to 7 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 good pinches of salt, ground pepper to taste.
The day before
Place chicken breasts, barbecue sauce and lemon juice in zip-top bag, shake bag to coat chicken, seal and refrigerate for 12 hours at least to overnight.
- In small sauce pan, heat chicken broth, keep it warm and covered.
- Film with oil or cooking spray a medium skillet . Saute’ onions and mushrooms first, over medium heat till soft, adding 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken broth or warm water to avoid veggie mixture to dry, saute’ until mixture is soft about 4 minutes, add herbs, salt and pepper.
- Keep warm and covered while your are grilling chicken breasts.
- Heat your grill pan to medium high and coat with oil or cooking spray. Grill chicken on both sides about 6 minutes (depending of thickness) , making sure your chicken is cooked thru ( should register 160 degrees), keeping the marinade.When chicken is grilled , remove on plate, add marinade from the bag, 4 tablespoons of chicken broth, let it reduce for 2 to 3 minutes at low temperature, then bring back chicken breasts to the grill pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, till coated turning once.
- If using a charcoal grill, when your chicken breasts are grilled, add them to a lightly coated skillet, then add the marinade and broth, simmer at low heat for 3 to 4 minutes turning once.
- In a small bowl, add salad dressing ingredients, starting with Dijon mustard, vinegar, then gradually olive oil, whisk well to emulsify the vinaigrette, add salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl add 1/2 of salad dressing, salad greens, corn kernels, tomatoes and zucchini, gently mix, then sprinkle remaining dressing an toss lightly till all well coated.
Add to each plate salad a portion of veggie medley , a chicken breast and its sauce, serve immediately.
Simple and super tasty!!