The name says it all, such a Perfect Parfait!
Fluffy, light, (if you stick to the yogurt), with an incredible balance of striking flavors from the Sahara desert..
I prepared this delight for a recently for a dinner with friends. It was a first and came out great! I did add some few personal touches to make it even more glamorous… if you really would like ice cream, you can start adding a layer to the bottom of vanilla ice cream… easy dessert for any party, or a candlelight dinner for two.
Ingredients: Serves 2 (double quantities for more guests)
- 2 x 8 oz. greek plain yogurt like FAGE or CHOBANI brand
- 2 to 3 fresh black figs halved, 1 per Trifle
- 4 tablespoons Orange marmalade or orange jelly (2 Tbsp per Trifle)
- 1/4 cup pistachios nuts, grounded
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Calvados brandy or other
- drops of honey
- 2 teaspoons butter.
Clean figs, cut in half. pound pistachios to a roughly ground mixture.
In a medium bowl, add yogurt, mix in the orange marmalade, whisk till well combined. refrigerate while roasting the figs.
In a medium skillet, over medium-low heat, melt butter, add figs, sautè for 3 minutes till soft, turning gently only once. Over medium heat, add brandy, warm it up, cook till evaporated, drop 1 teaspoon of honey over the figs, remove immediately from heat.
Choose medium size glasses, fill with the yogurt marmalade mixture, top quickly with 1 warm fig halved, add 1 drop or 2 of honey, finally sprinkle with pistachios. Serve immediately and enjoy!!
- Calvados is a French apple brandy, very fruity. Substitute with whiskey, sherry, Cognac, or Bourbon.
- Trifle or verrine, is a dessert with layers of custard and, generally served in a glass or glass bowl, originally from 1596, England.