When eating in a restaurant in Sweden, salmon is always offered in style. If your usual salad leaves you hungry, add few tasty ingredients that will give you a more healthy and satisfying meal. Skip some restaurants’ salads loaded with masked carbs and fats like the ones with oil soaked croutons. You can have some dollops of low fat sour cream with the salmon, if you keep portions control in mind.
Good healthy proteins and Omega 3s like a salmon will keep you full for a while, choose dressings that are flavorful (mustard is a great flavor booster) coating your veggies lightly, mix in crunchy veggies like peppers and cucumber, salty artichokes hearts, some good mix of greens and done!!
Ingredients : Serves 2
- 1 yellow pepper sliced thin
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 4 to 6 hearts of artichokes from a jar
- 2 or 3 handfuls mixed greens
- 1 bunch chives chopped thin
- 2 smoked salmon filets store bought
- 1 or 2 Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream sauce
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground fresh pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Prepare dressing whisking all ingredients together starting with the mustard and adding oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, starting from the mix of salads, mix yellow and red pepper slices, artichokes hearts, cucumber slices, drizzle with vinaigrette (reserve few teaspoons of vinaigrette for garnish).
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream with chives, adjust seasoning at your taste
- Serve on individual salad plates, the salad first, top with salmon filet, add chives, drizzle lightly with the remaining vinaigrette, adding a small bowl of chives/sour cream on the side.