Some days, when I am really hungry, I want to prepare something that I can serve and eat very fast, but still tasting refined and different..For the the fast part a good pasta dish ready in 25 minutes with sauce, is generally a good choice, tasty and different are not the easy part, so this time I really had to call up to my memory of some amazing Italian recipes.
Le tagliatelle alla Cardinale, of course! Some delicious recipe I tasted in a small village in Umbria. Probably the Cardinals, excellent gourmet of all times, loved the creaminess and the warmth of saffron, anyway these were delicious and quick. So friends, if you have all ingredients on hand, or don’t, try them, as these will calm your appetite quickly and satisfy you envies of gourmet pasta meals.
- 2 shallots diced thin
- 1 +1/2 cup small shrimps cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small glass good white wine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh persil chopped
- I package egg tagliatelle
- 2 saffron threads or 1 teaspoon saffron powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small slice butter
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- grated mozzarella to garnish
- salt and 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
How You make it:
- Have ready cherry tomatoes chopped, parsley and all other ingredients.
- Melt butter with the oil slowly in a medium skillet,then saute’ over low heat shallots till soft and translucent. Add shrimps, saffron, let sauce combine about 2 to 3 minutes keeping heat low. Add salt and pepper.Reserve covered while pasta cooks.
- Bring to boil in a large sauce pan salted water, cook tagliatelle following package directions, just 1 minute shy of al dente. Drain slightly leaving some pasta water around tagliatelle.
- When pasta is almost done, reheat the sauce slowly, add cherry tomatoes, whisk in sour cream, then pasta, adjust salt and pepper.
- Using a large serving plate, add parsley, sprinkle well with grated mozzarella…
Serve immediately.. a tavola!