Decadent and bursting with flavors, elegant yet easy to make, you will be serving this one, again and again. The pears, poached in a good red flavored red wine are just great and light once poached, even more fabulous when served with creme fraiche, mascarpone, or chocolate ice cream on the side!
It was a real success at our cooking class last week!
Keep this recipe in your collection of fast and amazing desserts to make for the Holidays!
Ingredients : 4 to 6 servings
- 4 to 6, peeled, sliced and cored pears ( Bosc, Anjou, Bartlett)
- 1+1/2 cup of red wine (Merlot, Zifandel or Shiraz)
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon of finest quality vanilla (recommended Madagascar,Bourbon paste)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- Peel, core and slice pears . Then combine in a large saucepan all ingredients, except pears.
- Bring to boil, when wine is boiling reduce heat to medium low, add pears and let it simmer pears about 5 to 8 minutes, turning once and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes more until pears are soft when poking with a fork.
- Remove pears on a plate, let them cool on the side.
- Bring wine mixture to boil till reduced liquid is reduced to half
- Serve on a large shallow plate, pears pour sauce over, add mascarpone, cream or ice cream for a fantastic dessert!