As you know me by now, I do love good cookies, don’t you??
Some days ago, I found this recipe browsing the web, found this recipe, and I could not resist to try it.
I added some few persona,touches and they came out so buttery, soft with a light sweet almonds taste exactly as I like them, great for coffee or tea or just a small afternoon snack (they are so tempting, I suggest you keep the portion control in check)!
Very easy to make, give it a try this week-end!!
- 1 to 1+1/2 cup whole blanched almonds,1/2 toasted
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large whole egg, plus 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract or Amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Reserve about 1/2 cup of almond for garnish. Place remaining almonds in a food processor, pulse just until finely ground . Reserve.
- In a large bowl, using and electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add whole egg, orange zest, and almond or amaretto extract, beat until smooth. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Then carefully add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add ground almonds, mix lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or 2. (optional)
- Shape each cookies, roll the dough with your clean hands, in small balls, shaping and or flattening in elongated forms. Place them cookies 1 inch apart on the pre-lined baking sheet.
- Using your floured thumb add reserved almonds, on top, pushing gently into the dough.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet once. Remove and let it cool for 5 minutes.Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will keep their soft and buttery texture in airtight or a metallic container for 5 days.